Sunday, November 8, 2009

We are still here!!

So, I realize that I have not blogged in a while and it probably seems like we have fallen off the face of the earth but we are still here. We have just been really busy doing life. Our fall season is flying by and we are having a lot of fun. One of the reasons I decided to start this blog was to record our life in words and pictures because I do not have the time nor am I creative enough to scrapbook. So, instead of trying to recall what has been going on the last couple of months, I thought I would just share some pics of what we have been up to. I will start with the happenings of October.


Our camping trip to Bastrop State Park with The McNeelys and The Lopez.

So, Aaron was supposed to write a little bit about the Bastrop trip but he failed to take care of that duty until now. Good times were definitely had down there. We stayed 4 days and 3 nights, that's right folks, Kate's first camping trip was for 3, count them THREE nights!! And she did really well. The first night was very dicey as it was about 85 and humid as all get out; but the next day a cold front come through, spit some rain on us and cooled everything down. We were all able to sleep very well for the remaining 2 nights.

Day 1, the rain day, consisted of a trip down to Shiner for a tour of the Little Brewery. Very cool to see where the sweet nectar of Texas is brewed and they definitely did not disappoint. I was very disappointed to see that they aren't making the Kolsch any more but they have gotten creative with a new holiday brew called Holiday Cheer, but enough about that.

Day 2 consisted of hiking, biking, playing...oh and of course there was lots of eating. I made some of the famous PauPau chili for everyone one night, Ramiro made sweet fajitas, you get the idea. Ramiro and I picked up our guitars for a little Kumbayah action one night while everyone enjoyed some smores.

All in all, a great weekend with great friends.


Our trip to the Pumpkin Patch this year.


A little family pumpkin carving.


Our little ladybug and Anakin Skywalker on Halloween.



Kate's first experience Trick or Treating. She loved every minute of it.

That was pretty much our October. I will catch up on November in the next day or two. Happy Fall!

No comments: