Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hallmark I Mean Valentine's Day!

We don't think much of Valentine's Day at our house. There are quite a few reasons why which I will not go into but it just seems like a silly holiday to celebrate. However, I do love buying gifts for the people I love and this Hallmark holiday gives me a good reason to do that. Not to mention that most kids love Valentine's Day so I decided to do some fun things to make it special for Ethan and Kate. After naps today, Ethan and Kate opened their small gifts that I bought for them. One of Kate's was a huge bottle of bubbles. Blowing bubbles is one of her many obsessions. So, because it makes such a big mess on the floor, we decided to bundle up and go outside to chase the bubbles. This was fun but did not last very long because it was way too cold with the wind, therefore I have no pictures to show.


Instead we came in and made some Valentine cookies. My kids are always up for a good sugar rush especially sweet Kate.


Ethan decorated.....



and Kate, well she didn't care about decorating, she just wanted to eat. "Hmmmm!" is what she is saying.


While waiting for our cookies to bake we turned on the Ipod and did a little dancing. Since Kate has come along, we do a lot of this in our house. She loves music and loves to dance.

Next was dinner. My neighbor had been telling me about a place called Papa Murphys Pizza. It is just like a Subway but instead of making sandwiches, they make pizzas. They make them and then you take them home and bake them. I had some coupons so we decided to try it out. They are fairly inexpensive and it tasted really good.


Our Papa Murphy Hallmark pizza! It was yummy!

We ended our day watching a movie. Ethan has been asking to see Up! for quite a while. He has been telling me how funny it is. I'm not quite sure what to think of this movie. There were a few laugh out loud moments but for the most part it was just bizarre.

Overall, it was a great day. Whether we like Valentines or not, it was a good excuse to have some fun family time and to create some memories for our kids. We hope everyone enjoyed their Hallmark day as much as we did! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love Papa Murphy's and had the same pizza for dinner tonight! Your kids are so cute!