Monday, January 26, 2009

First Haircut and Parent Dedication

Well I decided to get Kate's haircut this past weekend. I have been going back and forth with this because I didn't want to mess up her hair but then I realized it is just hair and it will grow back. She did great. She sat as still as an almost, very active one year old could sit still. The lady asked me if I wanted to give her a few bangs and without thinking I said "sure"! Not sure if that was a good idea or not but like I said it is hair and it will grow. I am little worried it made her look like a boy but we will just make sure I always have a bow in her hair in case there is any wondering.

Before


After
We also had Parent Dedication for Kate this week. This is a service that our church does for new babies that are born. It is called Parent Dedication because the parents are committing to raise their child in a christian home with the hopes that one day they will give their life to Christ. There were about 50 babies so the service ended up being about an hour long. We first had a time of worship, then they showed a short clip of a sermon that Pastor Steve preached, and then each family was called up on stage and Pastor Aaron read the verse that each family had picked out for their child. Overall it was a good night. Kate did great but she is a very active little girl so sitting in our lap for an hour was just not happening. I thought that all of the babies did great considering how long the service was. Thank you to everyone who came out to support us. We really appreciate you celebrating this with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you girls can start getting pampered together. Lauren loves getting our haircuts together! By the way love the new background on the blog. I so wish you could get those for Typepad.