Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"What's for Dinner?"

Well normally I wouldn't post something like this, however I read lots of blogs and some of them are food blogs. I get lots of great recipes this way and I get inspired to write about food when I read them. Mine will not be as good as the ones I have seen because I am not creative nor am I a photographer but it was fun to document our dinner tonight and I wanted to share. I love to cook, I don't know that I am any good at it but Aaron likes it so I guess that is all that matters. I am also into meal planning and I like to try 1 new recipe a week ( I know I am a big domesticated nerd). This is not a new recipe but it was on the meal plan for the week.

Our main dish was butter chicken. Now, this is probably only semi-healthy because you poor a whole stick of butter on it but I made it with whole wheat crackers and I baked it so it makes me think it is half way good for you.

I have been trying to roast my vegetables lately. Aaron and Ethan only like raw veggies but that isn't very exciting and I always think I need to cook them for some reason. This is a happy compromise for us, although they are not crunchy like Aaron thinks they should be, they still tasted yummy roasted. Last week I roasted fresh green beans and this week I chose zucchini and it was delicious even Ethan liked it. Here is the zucchini with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. So easy!

So, we had butter chicken, roasted zucchini, fresh corn on the cob, and strawberries & bananas. What a great way to end the day. I know this is probably a very boring post to you but I was proud of myself so I wanted to document it so that I would remember this meal for the future. So what did you have for dinner?

No comments: