Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's finally here!

Well the day has finally arrived. I leave for Vietnam this evening. I ask for your prayers for myself and my team as well as my family I am leaving behind. It has been quite an emotional day for me. Over the last few months I have been trying to prepare myself for what I am going to see in Vietnam as well as prepare my heart for what God is going to teach me. I didn't even think to prepare myself for leaving my family. I didn't think it would be so stinking hard, however I already miss them and I haven't even left yet. So I say all of that to ask you to pray as I am on this journey. If you are someone who likes to pray specifically I have list of things that you can pray for each day while I am gone. Thanks again for all of those who have supported me and made it possible for me to go.

June 18th - Pray for a safe travel for the team, that each of us would remain healthy and energized. Pray for cohesiveness of our team, our focus, and that our fatigue and travel would not hinder our spirit.

June 19th - Pray for no opposition from the government of Vietnam.

June 20th - Pray for our families left behind at home as we usher apart from each other (husbands taking care of the children without their mommy)

June 21st - Pray that the Vietnamese would not see foreigners but ambassadors of Christ. Pray that God would prepare the hearts of those we come in to contact with, allowing God's purpose to be accomplished.

June 22nd - Pray that Satan would not be allowed to distract us from our purpose there, that our own comfort would come from the Lord. Pray for our strength, that we would not grow weary and homesick.

June 23rd - We have some "literature" to distribute. Pray that it would go into the right hands. Pray that each of us would be sensitive to the Spirit's leading.

June 24th - Pray as God presents opportunities, we would be bold and courageous to share Christ, beyond just serving.

June 25th - Pray for our stamina as we grow tired. Pray for our own spiritual growth in this experience, that each of us would be an encouragement to one another.

June 26th - Pray that others would see our faith in action and that it would spark a desire for others to help.

June 27th - Pray for our safe return trip home!

No comments: