Saturday, August 15, 2009

Burgers, Candy, and a Movie

Ethan and I were able to have a little mommy/son time today. Ethan is about to start kindergarten in the next couple of weeks and although I am very excited to send him off to school, I am also going to miss him very much. I was so glad to be able to spend some one on one time with him before we start this new phase of life. Ethan is a big fan of the Ice Age movies and he has been asking to go the "movie theater" so I decided to take him on a little date to do lunch and a movie.


We started at Burger King of all places. It was his choice and when I asked him why he chose it, his very logical response was "Because that is a place I never get to eat at". So we enjoyed some tasty Whopper Jrs together.

We then headed to the store to pick out some treats before heading to the movie. I have officially turned into my mom and my Aunt Paula. Every time we would go to the movie as kids I remember picking out candy from the store to take into the theater. This was a big deal because you would have to hide it and wait until the lights were low before opening your goodies. It sounds silly now but it was a big deal back then. Anyway, Ethan chose sour skittles and a bottle of water for his secret treat.
Ethan enjoyed the movie and laughed out loud quite a few times. We ended our day with a little shopping at Target. I loved getting to spend time with my little man and I am already looking forward to our next date.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I love it! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

Kevin said...

I like Burger King too.