Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Goodbye Summer, Hello 1st Grade!

Well, we made the most of our last day of summer. Aaron took the day off because our church is so nice to show appreciation to children's ministry workers and they allowed us to go to Hawaian Falls for free. So we started the day at the waterpark which I forgot to take pictures but we all had a blast especially Ethan. We then headed home to get ready to go to Meet the Teacher at his school. We met his new teacher Mrs. Hunt and Ethan thought she was so sweet and nice that he asked if he could start school on Sat. After Meet the teacher we went shopping for new school shoes and then to eat at El Chico of course (Ethan's choice). After dinner we headed to the Harbor for a surprise stop at the ice cream shop. It was an awesome day and great way to spend our last day of summer with each other. Here are shots of our time.

Squinty eye shot at dinner.



Enjoying ice cream at Cold Stone.


Love this pic! So sweet.

I know I say this every year but I can't believe how fast time flies. Ethan is starting First Grade and it so weird to know that he will be turning 7 this school year. Anyway, he loves school and couldn't wait to go on the first day. He asked me everyday if it was Monday yet, I am so glad he likes it. He has an awesome teacher and I think he has a good group of kids in his class. We are hoping for a wonderful year!

1st Day of First Grade!

Showing off his new backpack.


Sitting at his desk with Daddy and Kate right before we left him for the day.

We ended his first day of school with his favorite meal. (Chicken and rice with fruit salad)

No comments: