Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Day of Preschool/MDO

This week Kate and I started back to preschool/MDO. It is a new year and I have a new partner. I was very sad to say goodbye to my good friend and teaching partner last May. I am not one who likes change much but I have a new partner and she is great. I know we are going to have so much fun teaching together.

Kate has always gone to school with me so this is not anything to new to her. However, the first year she was in the baby class and the second year she was in the 18 month class but these classes are primarily for the teachers' kids. This year she is in the big girl 2 year old class. I feel like this is a much bigger deal and it feels like real school for her. She was so excited. She had a new backpack and a new napmat. The main difference this year is that she will sleep on a napmat on the floor, in the past she has slept in a crib. When I picked her up on Thursday, the first thing her teacher said to me was she didn't sleep much. Apparently she thought it was party time on the floor instead of nap time. Her teacher had to sit next to her to get her to finally fall asleep. We will hopefully get better as the days go on. She had a great day and loved every minute of it. She seems so big now and is turning into a little girl. I wish I could slow things down a bit but she is so much fun right now except for the terrible I mean wonderful twos. Here are a few pics of our morning the first day.

My big girl ready for school


Kate grinning from ear to ear with her new backpack and lunch.

Ethan was so excited for her!

Kate with her teachers Ms. Joella and Ms. Teresa.

No comments: