Friday, December 26, 2008

CSI Wylie

A crime has been committed deep in the heart of Wylie, Texas. Priscilla and I put the kids to bed early in hopes of getting some work done. Then, the unthinkable happened...about 30 minutes later I waltzed in to the kitchen to find this horrid scene below...WARNING...this is not for the faint of heart:


So, how good of an investigator are you? Do you see the clues? Exhibit (A) small, child-sized chair meticulously placed near the kitchen counter. Exhibit (B) lone banana mysteriously left on the sink without a partner.

Having been hit by this culprit before, Priscilla and I immediately flew to his hideout. That little fiend almost fooled us by already having his light out, and he was resting quietly on his top bunk. In my haste I began questioning him before reading him his rights.
"Was the banana good?" I asked.
He nodded in a coy manner. I must be honest, I was shocked at his honesty. But then I realized, he had tossed the physical evidence. I had nothing on him and he knew it.
"Where is the peel?" I questioned.
Again, his masterful upbringing got the best of him. He pointed downward behind him and whispered, "Down there."
I climbed back down to the bottom bunk and searched underneath the bed. There it was, the slimy and empty banana peel. We always get our man, er umm, pre-schooler.

Heaven help us when he's 16.

3 comments:

Allison said...

I like naner puddin!

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the honesty!

Anonymous said...

HaHa! Those sneaky boys!
Tab