Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Boy!

Wow, Ethan will officially turn 5 in about 10 minutes. It is a little bitter sweet for me. The first 2 years of Ethan's life flew by and sometimes I barely remember it and that makes me sad to think that he is now 5. However, age 3 and 4 have been a little challenging so I am actually glad to be hitting this 5 year milestone. I feel like we are starting a new phase and leaving the toddler/preschool phase behind. He seems like such a big boy these days and I am excited to see his personality grow over the next year.

We had his official party with all of his friends yesterday which I will post about that soon. Today we just had fun celebrating together as a family. Ethan had a few surprises to wake up to this morning and then it was off to school for the first day after spring break. We then met some family for a birthday lunch and Ethan spent the rest of the afternoon playing with all of his new toys. We ended his birthday with a dinner at El Chico (Ethan's choice of course, he loves this place for some reason) followed by his very own sopapilla for dessert. At dinner he told us "this was the best birthday ever and it was a Happy Day!" This made my heart smile because Aaron and I both put a lot of work in to making this day special for him. Ethan we love you and are so proud of you.

Ethan woke up to a room full of balloons.



He had a special treat for breakfast. A cinnamon roll with a star candle to blow out.



Very happy with his gift from Mommy and Daddy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad Ethan had a terrific birthday! I can't believe how quickly they are growing up. Lauren really enjoyed coming to his party Sunday. So much so, that she wrote about Stars Wars and light sabors on her journal page at school yesterday! Thanks again for inviting us to join in the fun.