Last weekend we made a trip to Hams Orchard. I like to try to make it out there every summer but I realized on Sunday that it had been 3 years since our last visit. Hams is known for their peach orchards and their blackberry patch. We headed there with my parents to let the kids pick some berries. The kids had a blast and the adults had fun too but it was sooooo HOT!. We picked a bucket of berries and then headed in to cool off and enjoy some peach ice cream. This ice cream by itself is worth the drive to Terrell but we did leave with a bucket of berries and a sack of peaches. We enjoyed a fun hot morning with the family and are still enjoying our treats we came home with.
The other exciting thing that happened this past weekend was Kate officially becoming a big girl. I have been dreading the day she would climb out of her crib because she is, well a little fiesty to put it lightly. We had been trying to decide whether to go ahead and move her to a regular bed now or wait until after our vacation in a couple of weeks. We had made the decision to wait and then the next day she changed our plans and climbed out of her crib. She has now been sleeping in a regular bed for 3 nights and she is doing surprisingly well. I am so thankful she is doing so good. Once again, God is always teaching me not to sweat the small stuff even though I tend to think it is big stuff. I still can't believe she is not in a crib anymore, she looks so little in her big girl bed but she is definitely growing up and a little too fast for this mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment