We had a fabulous Easter weekend. It started Friday at the Swansons where we had our Passover Seder. This is the third year we have done this and it seems to be getting better and better every year. Ethan participated and sat through most of it and we were very proud of him for acting like such a grown up boy. I do not have any pictures to show for this because I accidentally left my camera at home.
Saturday was spent getting chores done and the kids got to play outside while Daddy built the sandbox under the fort. Ethan has been asking for this for quite some time and we finally decided to do this for his birthday this year. Aaron did an awesome job and we have played in the sand everyday since then. I am still trying to figure out how to keep the sand out of my house but I am thinking I am not going to be able to do that.
We ended our Saturday by attending the Easter service at church and then going to another Seder that one of our friends in our Lifegroup facilitated.
Sunday morning we woke up to our Easter's baskets full. After looking through our goodies we told the Easter story using the resurrection eggs. This can be a little frustrating at times because our children do not always cooperate but it is a fun way to tell the story and I think the kids enjoy it. This year we added something new. I found a recipe on another random blog that I like to read called Resurrection Rolls. The idea is that you make rolls with marshmallows in them and after you cook the rolls the marshmallows melt and are gone. The marshmallows represent Jesus being raised from the dead. While we were doing this Ethan yells out "Jesus is a Marshmallow?" It was great because it reminded me of this post that we wrote when we first started this blog. The resurrection rolls were fun to make and they were also very yummy!
We spent the rest of our Sunday at my parents house. We played, decorated eggs, hunted eggs and had a yummy Easter dinner.
Weekly Challenge -Ephesians 2:1-3
9 years ago







1 comment:
I had no idea what Resurrection eggs were but am logging those away for next year along with the rolls. Great ideas for teaching little ones! I am jealous of your spring weather - we are freezing up here!
Post a Comment