Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year. I love everything about it, the music, the food, the giving, celebrating the birth of our Lord, the decorating with help of course,and lots of fun memories and traditions to make with the kids. We are having an extra busy December but we are having lots of fun as well. We started off the Christmas season by visiting the Train Exhibit at Northpark. I wasn't sure my kids would like it but we were looking for something to do while Daddy was in Vietnam so I tried it. It was a big hit. Kate loved it the most, she kept wanting to chase the trains and try to follow them as they went around the room. 
Trying to attempt a pic with their paper train hats. This was the 3rd or 4th time so Kate was done with the hat by then.
We also started decorating our house that weekend. I decided this year to let Ethan and Kate have their own big trees in their room. Partly because they think this is so fun but also because I prefer not to have homemade, paper ornaments on the family tree. Don't get me wrong I think my kids' artwork is beautiful but I think they should have a special place and that special place should not be on "my" tree. Ha!
I came up with a new tradition this year. We always wait until Christmas Eve to take the kids to look at Christmas lights. However, since we don't have much going on during the week we have decided to take one night a week until Christmas to enjoy the lights. We took baths early, loaded the car with our pj's on and hot chocolate in hand. It was very fun and it helped us avoid the crazy, hyper time our kids go through before bed every night.
Ready to see some lights!
Now on to this weekend. It started with a little "Date Night" for Aaron and I. One of our good friends was having a birthday dinner so we took advantage and got a babysitter. Our weekends are filled up with holiday celebrations and commitments until after the first of the year so we called this our one break until 2011.
We ended our weekend with some much needed family time. Aaron took Kate for the afternoon to finish up some Christmas shopping while Ethan and I enjoyed a quiet afternoon at home. We wrapped gifts, did some holiday baking, and finished our day off watching Elf.
Our homemade, Rice Krispy Treat, Gingerbread Men.
We are enjoying celebrating our Savior's birth. Next up are K and E's holiday parties followed by a relaxing Christmas break. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
No comments:
Post a Comment